Followers

Friday, January 27, 2012

M6 I visit Swaziland

      In this mission I am going visit to Swaziland in modern time. There are a lot of problems going on in Swaziland now, I'm sure I will here a lot of complaints about that.  Now it is time to go. I reflect on these things for a while before I faintly make out someone talking. As my conscience emerges out of my thoughts, I make out Will asking me questions.

"Helloooo??? Arson? Snap out of it! Where should we go???"
"Relax," I reply, "I'ts not like I am dead. And we should head to Swaziland, duh. Make sure to land out of sight  because if they see us they will report that they have seen aliens and Senior Volpe will surely kick us off.." He seems surprised at this answer, but only for a second.  I walk over to the controls and set in the cords for our destination.  I pull back the button to warp and off we go. 
     We land at about an hour later and dress into modern Swazi clothes, we then clip on our language interpreters and we step out of the ship onto a small desert.  
"Everyone got their costumes on?" I ask. All twelve of them nod and step out behind me into the desert. 
I give the motion and we grab our fake feed sacks and move towards their capital of Mbabane.
"Remember men," I say as we approach the city limits, "we can not show any acts of hostile movement. Our greetings may be insulting to the humans." 
      As we reach the guardhouse. I give the guard our papers and he doesn't even blink. 
 We walk into the city, feeling a lot better, knowing that King Msuwati and his Prime Minister Barnabas Sibusiso Dlamini III have the security pretty relaxed here.
    "Alright, it is time to interview some townspeople", I tell my men. I walk up to the first person I see, She says HIV and AIDS have ravaged their whole country."  I listen to the opinions of a lot of people, then I spot a young Swazi and run over to interview him.
I walk up to him and ask if he could answer some questions I throw at him.  He seems excited and quickly nods his head
"Right then, let's start!" I turn on the recording device I am holding in my hand and start to ask him questions.
"What do you like about Swaziland?" 
"Well, I do like all of the varieties of animals. I never knew that buffalo lived here!"
"What do you think is a downside to Swaziland?"
" Swaziland has a very high number of HIV and AIDS.  Also the average life span here is about 37 years old if you are lucky  It's kind of scary."
"Any other information?"
"Well, we also suffer from malnutrition.  Our main export is sugar and citrus fruit, our main import is food of course.
"Is that all?"
"I guess so."
"Thanks for your time!" I say as I turn off the recording device and start to walk toward the meeting point.
     I send the word out to for everyone to meet at the meeting point. I found the team waiting for me and we immediately began our march back to the ship.  As soon as we are back on board, I go to my quarters and fall into a long fitful sleep filled with the bewilderments of today. 

4 comments:

  1. YOUR FIRST PARAGRAPH DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! Good idea to tell facts through a conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u freaking copy cat!!!!!! the beginning of your second paragraph was exactly like mine!!!! haha typo!! well, at least you didnt die this time......

    ReplyDelete
  4. you also copied my wolf pet idea!!! wow....

    ReplyDelete