Followers

Thursday, October 21, 2010

M1 (Mission One)

This morning. I woke.  Groggy and excited for my first time travel, I am traveling back in time to Cairo Egypt in some world called earth.
 As I stumble down the stairs I feel sadness of leaving my home for so long start to creep inside of me and haunt me like a disease under my skin. I eat a quick breakfast and rush out to meet my brother Will.              
I leap into our hovercraft and we begin our short journey to our ship, "The Destroyer".  I hop out and stare, knowing that I will not see my home again for some time, "maybe not for three years" the director told me. That statement made me so sad I almost cried. Finally we get ready to board my ship after lots of medical tests, physical tests and mental tests I am relived to be done.
One hour later after lots of waiting I board the Destroyer, as soon as I get on I perform a check of the ships data base three times and then inspect the ship, finally I am ready to get going.  "All hands on deck", I holler, everyone gets into position and checks in.  Then I give the command... "Engage" I yell into the intercom.  I begin to feel the comforting rumble of the Destroyers engines start to shake the ship, and then BAM!  I feel the ship rocket forward, pressing everyone back into their seats. As soon as we clear the atmosphere I unbuckle and turn back to see my home one more time and whisper, "goodbye". 

6 comments:

  1. Very sad and detailed nice choice of words as well, "brother".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you came from a different planet and flew to earth in the Destroyer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very dramatic how you board the ship and leave you're own planet Arson.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Destroyer is a great name for a ship. I hope you don't destroy history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the ship name the Destroyer I like it.

    ReplyDelete